1. Use repetitive designs, textures, and colors to add to your overall look.
2. Only draw attention to one main focus point.
3. Thicker necklaces can be doubled or tripled for use as bracelets.
4. Develop a signature style, like multiple strands of pearls, a particular bright color, or lots of bangle bracelets.
5. Consider the width and depth of the neckline you are wearing when choosing a necklace. Turtleneck sweaters look nice with long, layered strands of beads, but a typical t-shirt neckline would look best with a necklace whose length falls right along the edge of the line.